Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to all Leap Year Babies!


I have never had a child in one of my classes to have a birthday on the 29th. I can't decide if I would like it or not. It would be a neat thing in some ways getting to have such a novel day and all, but I think it might be a little too strange having to celebrate on a different day other than the one your were born on for most of your life. Can't decide. Good thing I don't have too!!DUH!

Spent today hard at work. I worked until the building closed at 8:00 and will have to go back tomorrow. Work is never done for a kindergarten teacher. We seriously need off two days every nine weeks (without children ) just to plan and organzie materials needed for the upcoming units. It is conference time again so that always takes so much time out of the schedule too. I spent most of the night cleaning!!! Schools are some of the dustiest places on the planet! I often think it is like keeping up two houses.

Vince has the flu and is really sick. Started meds last night. Fever 103..... Came on really fast. Susan will be next I am afraid. Jazzy has been here with us.

This winter thing can't end too soon for me. I love the weather if it gets cold and stays cold, but we have had so much 40 degree weather and rain... rain... rain... rain. We are absolutely making up for drought situation last summer. I will be glad to start planting.

We planted some trees this fall I had ordered from the Arbor Day foundation. I thought they would be a little bit bigger than they were. I paid for some besides the free ones (twigs) you get for joining. They were healthy though and I was so glad for all of the rain. The roofers had trampled one I planted with their ladders. So, I went out the other day just to talk to, love and nurture the rest, and someone passing by (someone whom has never planted their heart along with a tree or a plant I am quite sure) cut (3) of the biggest ones off in half. They were not bitten or chewed but sliced clean with a knife of some sort. That made me really sad. We are on a corner lot by a busy road so we do get a lot of neighborhood kids cutting through. (literally now it seems). I have never had that happen to me before. Thought nature or accidental mowings were always my biggest threats. I will have to get some bigger ones to replace them. Just as well, because at the rate these poor little babes were going to grow, I would not have been able to see them mature! I would be long gone before they shaded that side of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment