Sunday, February 10, 2008

Valentine Ideas for Small Group Workshops



Here are some ideas to let the children do for Valentine's Day that are core content related. They can write numbers 11-20 and glue them on a sentence strip for a headband. They can also write numbers 10-100 on the hearts and cut them out or they can do addition problems, subtraction problems, etc. The picture I have included of the bag printed with "words I know by heart" uses the same hearts but they write sight words on these to take home and practice. I had them use their spelling words this week. They could also write compound words and draw a line down the middle of the heart between each single word.

1 comment:

  1. Fun idea.
    I am always looking for a "new" idea to keep things interesting...
    I think I get bored with the "same old same old"..
    so thanks,come visit me:) mrsharmorskindergarten.blogspot.com
    Fondly, B.

    ReplyDelete