Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Daughter

I did not include my daughter earlier on purpose. It is not an after thought or an an addition but I thought it better to include my daughter in a category all in it's own. I have been by myself so long in that slot, that it is nice to have a female around. I am the only daughter, the only grandaughter on the maternal side and there are only two of us gals on the paternal side and we both have three sons.

Susan, I appreciate all that you stand for. You are smart, have a sense of humor and you are supportive as a wife, both spiritually and emotionally to Vincent. I love to see you laugh with him and push him to follow his dreams and keep those dreams a reality. You are able to balance each other's emotions and as you mature you will get better and better at this. The time is not now, but when it is, you will be a very good mother. Even if you are scared and afraid, you can handle it. You will get through it together. I can't wait for you to experience the overwhelmiing feeling of unconditional love that can only come from parenting. There is such an "ah ha" moment as your life comes full circle for the first time and you see through your mother's eyes. I thought it only went around once, but as I age, I see it goes around more than once. What a ride! Keep your sense of youth, continue to pray for a sense of calm, patience and appreciation and life does not get much better! I am so glad you are a part of our family. Even if you don't like the term "supper" ! Maybe I can just prepare linner or lupper. Or should it be munch?

1 comment:

  1. You're such a meanie! I don't like the term "prepare" either! Vince is so lucky to have such a wonderful mother. I am so glad that I met him and his wonderful family. I never in my wildest dreams thought that my mother-in-law would become one of my best friends. You are amazing. I love you.
    P.S. I just saw your blog on the favorites on the laptop and just visited it a couple of days ago. It looks great! Maybe I'll have you teach me how to start one!

    ReplyDelete