Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beautiful day!!



Today was gorgeous! I got out into the yard and put up a new bird feeder, scooped, and looked for signs of spring and they were everywhere. I even saw my first Robin today! Yeah.

I also repotted a plant that my grandmother had given me. It was outgrowing the container and the container was breaking apart when you would just touch it. I hated to do it because it made me a little sad to take apart what she had done with her own hands. It will be a year in June that she died and I can't seem to get her off my mind. I keep dreaming about her and finding and looking at pictures of us over the years. I am very lucky to have had a grandmother alive until I was 50. Grandma I hope your hand was with mine when I planted today.

Roger and I went looking for a new umbrella for the deck this week. We got a good deal on one. It is very neutral but blends with everything. We most likely jumped the gun on the season but we could not wait! Now for sure it will snow bucket loads. He also got me the best wind chimes for valentines day and I was wanting to hang it up. It is tuned and sounds like cathedral chimes. They are about four feet long. The wind was just right today to be able to hear them periodically. We are going to hang them eventually just right underneath the gutter so they will catch the wind even more and be a little protected form the elements. He was thinking it might help drown out the traffic noise.

I keep trying to get a picture of Baxter but he is never having it. He is scared of the flash. He has the cutest face and I never can catch him.

Check out the new roof in the shot of the umbrella. We liked the multi-color one we had before better, but the quality was not as good. These should last a little longer than the others did. The color is teak.

I think Vince is on the mend, but Susan is still sick. So far no one else here has gotten the flu but season still strong. Mom called and Dad had to go to First Choice Clinic because his hearing aid battery came out and went down into his ear canal. He wasn't very happy about going. He kept telling Mom he could get it if he just had a magnet that would fit down in his ear. Mom kept urging him to go. Took about a minute for them to get it out.

Got a new old CD today. I had the album but had forgotten how good it was. Janis Joplin in concert. Summertime baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment