Sunday, August 31, 2008

Vince and Susan's New House





Roger has been very busy painting the house. Vince has been hard at work as well, Susan and I shopped yesterday for blinds, paint and odds and end- mailboxes and towel bars. Then we went back with the paint to plead with the paint counter to add some white to the deeper blue they had picked out for the accent walls. It was a bit on the neon side. The final result is much better. Still vibrant, but in a softer hue. The picture of Susan at Home Depot sums up how tired everyone is. We did not even think about needing a mailbox. When you buy a new house they don't even come with towel bars. Strange. I did not go over today because I have not been feeling well and needed to get some things done around here. I know Roger is so tired. We can't go like we used to be able to and he has not stopped since Friday afternoon. Mom and Dad went to Nashville to see Gabe, so I hope they are having a good time. He really likes us to come down. We don't get to as often as we would like. We are hoping to go more this Fall. I will post pics of the house as it progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty House.
    There is always a lot to do in a new one...but it is always worth it in the end! Nice that you are able to help out:)
    Sorry you aren't feeling well...it's all the new germs at school...we can resist them and then if we get tired and run down they attach!!! I have experienced that this week after our Californa trip to see the baby...I was attached by the kids germs!!! EEEEEEEK!! Lots of hands in the mouth with the 4's verses the 5's.
    oh well I will stop winning and enjoy my Labor Day off to recover...hehehe
    Fondly, B.

    ReplyDelete