Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Husband


My husband is probably one of the most thoughtful people on earth. He is always looking out for others and doing little things on a daily basis for others that are both helpful and kind. He would be the first one to help in a crisis whether he knew the person or not. He has been known to change tires, go get food and water and come back to deliver it to people on the street begging. Wanting to make sure they don't starve or dehydrate. Not wanting to give cash for fear of it being used the wrong way. He is a natural nurturer and when the boys were little he was the best "tucker" in for bed. This was especially true when they were sick or just grumpy. This giving nature has gotten him in trouble a time or two because he does not always use the best judgement in his giving but I would not have it any other way. He always calls me Princess and The Pea because of how much trouble I have sleeping no matter how comfortable the bed might be. I have to have things just right to sleep. Can't turn my brain off is the main problem. He made the comment yesterday that I needed to go out to my princess and the pea swing and I did not think anything about it because I usually have two layers of cushions and still complain about the metal ridge in the swing bottom. I thought he was just calling it that. I did not get a chance to go out there yesterday or really even look at it or notice it. When I went out with my coffee this morning the full impact of his words hit me as I saw my swing. He had put two more cushions under it and propped up a comfy pillow for me. Boy did it look funny but was it ever great! Thank you honey for always being so good to me even when I am crazy to live with. I love you now and always.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie.
    I wish we lived closer sometimes..so we could all meet each other!
    B.

    ReplyDelete