Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bathroom

I love this art print entitled "The End of the Day" by Jules Breton. I really like lithographs and I especially like the way this one feels. You can almost feel the relief personally these women are experiencing after time to quit the heavy work in the fields. The way the one is resting on the other and she in turn resting on her working tool. You can imagine the ache in her feet that are slid into her flat clogs and the pensive look on her face tells me she is thinking she is finished with one part of her day but another is just beginning. House chores await. Anyway, I need to get it re framed and matted. I saw it and fell in love with it at a little antique store and wanted it so badly yet resisted. Money was tight and $15.00 at the time seemed a lot for me to spend only on myself for something I did not need. I described it to Roger and how I had loved seeing it that day. Low and behold, he went back to the place (obscure out of the way...both the lithograph and the store)was able to locate it and wrapped it up for the upcoming Christmas. I have never liked the frame but it was framed securely wrapped in paper backing. Ironically, when the lithograph had been framed this last time, it was framed at the studio framing shop of a local regional artist. He was the father of a firefighter that "came on with" Roger which means they were in the same recruiting class. There were 13 of them in that class and two died in the line of duty (seperate accidents)including the son of the framer. I had never even read the name on the back of the frame shop until I was examining it for consideration of re framing. Now I "kinda" hate thinking about taking it apart with the connection and all. Roger has started a "man-cave" and is using some fire memorabilia. Maybe I can use this in a shadow box of sorts.


We have been busy tearing off wallpaper today getting ready to paint. We went to Lowes and bought a new light fixture, the paint, new switch plates and a towel holder. Need a toilet paper holder but not sure which kind I am going to get. I will post the before pics and then during and finally after. We do not like how the mirrors are trimmed in the bathrooms here but not sure what we are going to do. It is lovely mirror... trimming mirror. So lovely! NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment