Sunday, March 9, 2008

Essay on Silence by Fra Elbertus





I found this book years ago in a little shop. I think it was around 1975. I always have loved it for the humor and volumes it speaks by not saying anything at all. I put it away because I had it out as a little conversation piece and Roger (through the years) kept accidently putting his glass on it like a coaster. I finally put it away and found it again during the move.

I had often wondered about the inscription and the writing on the back and what the connection was. Days before internet and all. I looked it up today online and found that Fra Elbertus was a pen name for Elbert Hubbard who was a soap salesman, author and philosopher. I will try to add some links to his information. I am not good at that yet. He published several essays and states that this is his best work. Walt Mason was a poet and wrote for newspapers. Don't know much yet but it is interesting. I wish I had kept it in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment