Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mrs. Spritzers Garden






I have been meaning to post pictures of this book and explain the special full circle significance it has to me. So today, as I was dusting, I picked it up from the propped position on the shelf to dust around it and decided to go get the camera out. A little girl in my class and her family went to a book signing and got this book for me for Christmas. I love the book. The fact that it is signed by the author makes it all the more special to me.

I worked for seven years at the most wonderful place. It was a school of over 700 children (and families). Every class was either a preschool or a kindergarten class. It was located in another county besides where I live and the classes were half day. I left this past year and have had a hard time adjusting, though I really do love where I am for different reasons. Anyway, I have been going through what I feel is something very similar to mourning for my old school and the people I worked with.

The reason I am off on this tangent is that the second year we opened, our administrators read this book to us at the retreat before school opened to get us motivated about the start of the year. I have always loved it. I love to garden as well, so the parallel between the nurturing and growing of flowers and children reflect what I love most. When I see the book on my shelf, it makes me smile because I remember my old school and touch my fingers to my lips in a silent kiss. I also think of the work I continue to do and how important it is to try and spread the philosophy and knowledge I gained from that special place so dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment