Saturday, March 8, 2008

Overnight sleet and snow







We had quite a bit of sleet and snow last night. It started out with a layer of sleet an inch or so thick. I had crashed still feeling bad and Roger went out to look at what the noise he heard was and pouring out from the corner of the gutter onto the front porch was sleet pouring just like sugar he said.

He tried to get some shots from through the glass but finally had to open the door. Then he put a hammer in to show how big that one pile of sleet was getting. After the sleet it turned to snow. I woke up at 3:45am and looked out the front door and realized we couldn't open the door. I thought the snow had drifted but then he showed me the pictures and told me the story.

He is outside now shoveling away in order to get my newspaper. It was buried under the snow. Had a little lull but it is snowing again and it may snow until 4:00 or so this afternoon. He just knocked on the garage/laundry room door. I must have inadvertently locked him out.

Baxter was with him and I tried to get him through the glass. He ran away and then would not come in even through the garage door. Can you say WUUUSSSS?

No comments:

Post a Comment