Saturday, March 29, 2008

Asian Painting on Table




Since I was dusting and got out the camera for the previous post I took some pictures of this little table my Aunt Susan gave me. It was painted black and had a few chips and places on it. One day I was painting a little desk I got with a dark brown paint. I was finishing up and the table caught my eye. I thought while I had the paint and brush out I would give it a little quick brush up to touch/even up the chips. When I started running the brush over the surface, this image popped out. I was afraid to apply too much more paint because I did not want to cover over the image that was appearing right before my eyes. The table is cool because it is two parts that could be used as individual half tables or put together as one. Anybody know what this image might be? Is it a decal or hand painted?

No comments:

Post a Comment