Monday, April 28, 2008

Garden at Henry Clay's home



Roger and I went to the gardens at Henry Clay's home Sunday. It was so pretty. They always have a big compost pile out the back of the garden wall. You can see it in some pictures and I always like to hit it up and see what I can find that they are just throwing away to rot. I found some tiny succulent ground cover that should have a little yellow bloom, some amarilla bulbs (Ithink and hope) and some sort of variety of lambs ear or in the family. Always fun to see what is there. Not much today, but after some of the things blooms, who knows. It is just the thrill of the hunt! I'll be back....

Afterwards, we went to the garden shop and bought flats of annuals for mother for mother's day. She has been wanting her flowers in containers this year so we made several (12-13) and they were all lovely. I did not think to get pictures. I will later after they grow a bit. She was thrilled. It started to rain and when I got home and planted mine in the rain, in the dark. The neighbors probably think they have a "looney tunes" on their hands. Mom also gave me a red bud tree that her neighbor had given her and I needed to go on and get it in the ground. Hopefully it wll replace one of the ones that was cut. She also gave me a small flowering plum tree that she had in a small pot. The roots were so embedded I had to cut it from the pot. Hopefully it will do well. Another replacement for my cut down trees. Keep your fingers crossed. These are bigger so maybe that will deter whoever thought it okay to snip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment