Monday, March 23, 2009

Videos

I posted these videos the other day because I was trying to find some of Alela Diane on You Tube. I particularly love "Oh! My Mama" and "Pieces of String" by Alela Diane. The Angus and Julia Stone ones I just came up across and like the creativity of the videos and the music. A little odd, but reminds me of the 70's music a bit and I am a little odd in my tastes. The Headless Heroes "Just Like Honey" is also very good. At least give these three a little listen.

I planted onions, sugar snap peas and mustard greens this weekend. I planted the peas a little late but they will come on in time before weather too hot. I also started some cilantro and basil. Sweet and Genovese basil. Ohhh... the aroma and taste of fresh basil. Takes me to a happy place right along with Lavender and Rosemary.

I will post pictures as they grow. I want to put out some lettuce too. I will do that this week if it does not rain. It is supposed to though. I have all kinds of things popping up those pretty little heads. I have had some active rabbits and chipmunks though. Things are getting snipped down to the ground. We shall see how well the peas will germinate without getting nibbled. In that raised bed I found lots of buried sunflower seeds that were germinating already and nuts. I think they think that I am the one invading their space. Ha! Maybe they will leave some of the pea seeds alone to sprout and grow.

1 comment:

  1. Fun to just listen to music for a while isn't it?
    I don't think we do it as much as we used to...THanks for sharing.
    I envy the garden planting...I wish I had time to figure out the Planting season here in Arizona.
    oh well maybe when I am to old to teach;)

    ReplyDelete