Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring is Trying!











The weather was really warm today when I got home from school. I had to go out and try to get some pictures. I cannot wait until Spring Break to really be able to get out in the yard and get some planting done.

The little yellow paperwhites or minature daffodils were a gift two years ago from my good friend Luann on my 50th birthday. They really have multiplied this year. The buds are the star magnolia "bush" that is out front. I am playing with some close up focus settings and got a couple of good ones. I can't quite get the crisp focus I want. I think it looks the way I want it in the lens and then on the computer it loses some in the translation. I do really like the buds of the magnolia.

The building is the old farm site that was up behind us. It is so sad to see it all leveled. Trees gone, old barn gone, no wonder I have rabbits and critters digging up my flower beds (hence the hole). I know my house was once part of that farm, but it sad to watch.

1 comment:

  1. I miss pussy willows!!
    We used to bring in a lot of cuttings and force the buds open for Easter center pieces:)
    Happy Spring!!
    B.

    ReplyDelete