Saturday, March 7, 2009

End of the Week



This week has been a little bit better than last week. I am really not sure what was in the air but the children were a little on the edge the week before last. The last two days were more like it.

Everyone at school has been a little sick and seems like we just keep passing those germs back and forth. I am going in for a little bit tomorrow if for nothing else but to sanitize the tables and materials. It helped too this week that we got to go outside.

This school year has gone by so fast in many ways and I feel so behind still instructionally because of missing so many days earlier on in the year. The snow and ice aused many partial weeks of instruction along with Winter Break and it just seems that I cannot get to the academic level or point I feel we should be. This group does not seem to be generalizing isolated skills like in the past. Not sure what I contribute it to. They are a much younger group overall and did not come with as many prior experiences. We just keep on plugging and I am proud of the progress they have shown.

I keep forgetting to take my camera in for a few random shots. They made neat masks in art today and were so happy to wear them in to show them to me. I really need to keep a digital at school to use.

The trees are at Vince's. I took them in the fall and as I saw them in a random search I started to think about how in the next few weeks we will be able sit out there looking at the trees for hours under the covered porch as soon as the weather changes. We may just invade their space whether they want us to or not. Temperatures should remain fairly stable and feel great under the porch and out of the sun all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment