Sunday, November 2, 2008



Today is such a beautiful day. I have so much inside and outside work to do not to mention getting prepared for tomorrow. All I really want to do is sit out in the yard or take a walk with the camera and try and learn some things. I guess the first order of business would be to actually get dressed and start moving! Ha!

It is these days that we just need to appreciate and give thanks for all that is right and good with the world. As I have gotten older, I finally do have the time to devote to simply enjoying life and nature around me. It is truly the thing that gets me renewed and through the grind of the week.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time a bit and know what I know now about immediacy. Nothing other than life saving emergencies have immediacy.(except for everyone needing a clean pair of underwear for the morning)

What I would give to have some time back with my children when they were smaller. I would have made a sandwich, cereal or oatmeal for dinner, put down the vacuum or dishes and done something spontaneous and glorious with them at least once a week.

I tried, but it seems I always got a little bogged down with life and schedules. I guess that is why God made grandparents though. My mom was always so good about thinking of each of them in little special ways. Each of their relationships is different and special.

I am lucky that now as adults I get to spend time with them. Gabe seems so far away but honey you are always in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment