Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stress from Work




Well, here I am typing. Can't sleep in and have been laying in bed for over an hour and a half trying to fall back asleep.

I decided to bite the bullet and get up. I can't quit thinking about work. My children this year are so emotionally needy and have such problems they deal with on a daily basis. Couple that with having 26 and trying to make up for life's deficits and it becomes overwhelming at times. I just want the best for them and try so hard to meet their emotional needs so we can get to the academics.

We have also, as a staff, had to change our planning and as a team, plan on the computer for two of our five planning times a week. This leaves very little time at school for prepararion and kindergarten prep takes forever because of all of the hands on activities. Oh well, this too shall pass.

I have to go in today to get finished for next week. I was already slow as anything getting ready for the week as it was. I get even more stressed when I start the week feeling like I am not ready. I like to have everything I need completed and at arm's length! So, I will be off giving up even more of my personal time than I should, but what is a dedicated teacher to do?

It is raining here which we need so very badly. Today I must try and focus on my many life blessings. They are truly abundant. I am so grateful for my family and the love we all have for each other. I do not know how people survive and find the will to push on in this difficult world without the love and support of family. I pray for those who have strife between each other to find a resolve and a calm that can only come from God's love and all knowing grace. May peace be with you and yours today and always.

1 comment:

  1. Boy I think it is the "time of year" I am relating to so much of what you are saying in this post.
    Only 3 of my children are in families with mom and dad living together.
    I know the extra time for preparation is "golden" so I feel for you having some of it taken away....
    We have gone to a 4 and 1/2 day week and that has made a big difference..the children leave at 12:45pm on Fridays...we have to stay until 3:30pm and although we have our in-service meetings from time to time we do get that time to plan on occasion ...I love those afternoons!
    Listen to me go on... someday we really have to meet up!
    We would spend hours sharing stories...wouldn't we??? hehehe.
    Have a great Holiday weekend next week.
    When we get back it will be the "happiest month" to be a Kindergarten teacher!!!(December)
    Fondly, Barbara

    ReplyDelete