Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day Off! YES!





Today is a glorious day. I can't wait to get outside. Spent the day on Sunday pulling up all of the frosted, frozen dead plant remains. The gardens look so bare. I have not cut back the hostas but they have turned a lovely shade of yellow. I could just spend all day in this cool breeze swathed with the light and warmth of the sun. I sat and drank my coffe at the kitchen table and the sun shines in just right to bathe me in the sun. Warm to my toes I tell ya. Jazzy loves to lay right in the path of the light and bask all morning when she is here. Baxter prefers the cool tile. He has a hot belly I think. Roger and I had an adventure last night. We met Mom at Cracker Barrel and then went to Wally World. On the way home there was one bad wreck that looked like it had several injuries. We no sooner got around it and headed down towards home when Roger says, "don't do it!" and then CRASH! A litle red volvo turned left across traffic on Man o' War right into the path of a jeep going 45-50 MPH the other way. They crashed and she spun completely around. Since Roger is a sworn employee (hippocratic oath and all) we turned around and headed back for him to provide aid while we waited for the emergency crews to respond. Luckily no one was hurt, just shaken up a bit. The little girl was a 16 year old and she was trying to get to a friends house to get her purse and make it back home before her curfew. She did not think the other car was coming that fast. Word to the wise.... Just call home and let parents know what is going on before you rush around trying to avoid trouble! Took these shots of sunset right before we left on our adventure. The moon is the night before trying out the night time buttons!

1 comment: