Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yet More Garden Shots!




We have been busy since we got home.

I think Mom is trying to heal but having an adjustment to losing her ovaries. Even at her age they were still somewhat functioning and her body is going through the changes.



I have been busy in the yard. We have had some ripe cucumbers and they are really good this year. Can't wait ntil the tomatoes get ready. I have them way way too close together. I can't seem to get used to the fact that I do not have any room here for a garden. The plants are big but so far not too many green tomatoes. They are blooming like crazy though and it is always so hard to wait for the first ripe one and then you are like "Will the madness ever end?" Can't wait to begin the fresh garden salsa! We eat it up like soup.


These are some of the lillies I got reduced for 50 cents at Lowe's last year. They are so pretty. I am glad I bought them even though last year they had already bloomed and I did not know what they would look like. Definitely worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Your gardens are soooo beautiful...
    and the pictures of your trip are so fun..those birds???
    Did they stay on the beach even when you guys were around??
    The sunsets looked unreal.
    What beach is that???
    I want to go...
    Hope your mom feels better.. I think these recoveries just take time, don't they?
    Fondly, B.

    ReplyDelete