Sunday, June 1, 2008

School's out for summer!






Well it almost is anyway. I have to go back on Monday to finish my cum folders and finish packing my room. I already have a lot finished I just need to move the fridge out, get the fish tank moved and cover a few more shelves. I need to go through things in a bad way but I think I may do that on the other side of summer. I am spent!

I still can't get my video to load and I have tried loading it in several ways. I need some major help to figure this out on here. I did take a few more shots of my flowers as they grow and I finally got a few leaves on the banana tree so they are not dead as I had worried.

I find myself really missing my grandmother a lot lately. I think it is because she loved this time of year so much with all the planting and new growth and life. She did not like the cold weather too much either. She always said she did not want to be buried on a cold day. Mom says that too. Her day was sunny and warm. We will be leaving on vacation on the anniversary of her death one year ago. I think this is another reason I have been missing her so much. She loved to go places and see and experience new things and she loved the ocean. We are going to Anna Maria Island. I'll get some shells for you Grandma! And be still my heart if I find some sea glass. I always try but only have a few pieces.

Grandma appeared on the outside to most people stoic and a bit rigid... probably more for her strong beliefs about how things should be done. Believe me buddy you had better be doing it the way she thought it ought to go or you would hear about it and you'd best be changing it fast. But she had a big adventurous side and liked to try most things at least once if she could. She did not get as many opportunities as she would have liked to have for adventures, but I tried to give her a few, when I could. Grandma, I don't think I'll be para sailing for the both of us but I will watch and pretend I'm brave enough and have the stomach enough to do it. If I see some dolphins again, I'll be sure to take more videos. I won't accidentally erase them this time either.

2 comments:

  1. I so hear you when you say "You are spent" and want to do more work on the "other side of Summer"!!!
    You really do get that feeling at the end of the year don't you???
    Glad you are off on vacation.. that will help:)
    Have Fun!
    Fondly, B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why the previous comment on your post came out saying Katie at the top...hummm???
    Sorry if you didn't know who it was...
    It was only ME!
    B.

    ReplyDelete