Friday, January 16, 2009

New home for my pans







I got a new set of stainless steel cookware before Thanksgiving. I really do like them and got a great bargain.

I had always worried I would burn and stick everything on stainless. Not sure why I thought that. You know how crazy beliefs get stuck in your head and you hold by them forever?!? Well, I was this way by stainless even though I had a revere ware stainless stew pot I had been using for years and have had virtually no problem with it what so ever. I think I keep thinking that the stainless frying pans would be a disaster. So anyway, I just kept buying non-stick cookware set after set and throwing them away when the coating began to wear off. I wonder how much teflon is stuck to our guts mutating away?

I decided that maybe I wanted to get a set of stainless, throw away or donate all the other pots and pans I had collected and start over. Hopefully for the last time. I convinced myself that if the frying pans stunk up the place, I could always just buy a few non-stick ones and be done with it.

I got a 14 piece set, two other pieces to go with it and a non stick pan to match the others. This set was at Macy's and was their line of stainless. It is aluminum clad and I just love the shape. They look French to me in design. I like the slight bell shape to them and they have silicone strips on the handles which help to keep them cooler.

I just love them. Nothing has really stuck so far. The other night I made some marinara sauce and I simmered it a bit too high. I gave it a stir and the whole bottom seemed coated with a burned on feel. I turned off the heat because it was ready and by the time the pasta was done, the sauce came right out and only a little scorching had happened at the bottom. As the pan cooled it came right up to reveal a shining bottom! YEAH!

Today while we were out of school for cold weather,(First time in 20 years for that I might add) I decided to find a home for my pans. The cabinets where I had been keeping my pans was not working too well for the pieces I had. There was a divider between the double doors and on the opposite side of the kitchen there was not. I think the end result will work well.

That was another belief system I had to fight. I had to keep telling myself..."The pans do not need to be right next to the stove." Now if they can only stay in the right spot. I am tempted to go all kindergarten on myself and place pictures of the way it should look on the cabinet door or put paper shadows down on the surface. Boy will Roger be happy with that!
Here are some before/after shots.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. What are you going to do without Roger for a few days? I think we are supposed to come over tonight. We should see Mall Cop! It looks so funny.

    ReplyDelete