Saturday, August 29, 2020



Where do I begin?  I have not posted in years.  I recently retired from teaching and have been caught up in adjusting to retirement, Covid19 regulations and restrictions, my husband having a heart attack and life in general.  A former principal just posted a blog she started to record her journey of grief and beginning again.  It made me want to start writing and recording my thoughts, feelings and musings again.  My sister in law interviewed me this summer about literacy and how it has impacted my life. I told her that I had not really even written much.  She noted how great it was that I posted things on Facebook, how positive and uplifting they were and that my children would have those posts to reflect on even after I am gone.  I never really make posts and think of that, but as I thought about what she said, I realized how right she was.  Writing something down makes it stick.  It adds  permanency to a thought, even if it is only for you to go back and ponder.  So, here I am.  I am getting my feet wet and trying to remember how posts work, how to add links and pictures and all that jazz.  Wish me well.  I can only hope I can leave something of value here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment