Monday, December 28, 2009

Egg Nog and Fruit Cake


















I guess you either love or hate egg nog and Fruit Cake. I love both of them. I have not had a really good fruit cake in a while though and this year or last year I did not get any. I have a recipe for one but never get it together early enough to make it. I like the moist fruit cakes that have more nuts in them than anything else. Yum. And don't get me started about egg nog. I love it. I never can get any of my family to drink it though. I do not really care for it with bourbon or rum in it. I think that ruins the sweet, creamy good taste of it. Oh well, I guess to each his own. I just keep drinking a glass a day in a frozen mug. Wow. What's not to like? Christmas was good but I am just about wiped out from all the hustle and bustle of preparation. I was running about a week or two behind this year. Wish I could sit down, visit and enjoy it more. Just as I get ready to sit down and visit everybody decides to leave. I need to get a better game plan. I did not get very many good pictures this year. I was running around tending to food and forgot. The ones I did take had the camera set to video mode, so they look rather funky.

1 comment:

  1. Ok...so I was on my blog and clicked your name to go to your blog and got another blog you must be working on..for your studies.
    It was fabulous...tried to leave a comment and had to leave and when I came back I couldn't find it...where is it??
    Please send me the link...I want to explore!!
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete