Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thunder and lightening

The last two days were filled with much needed rain and of that I am glad but storms are not fun. I was able to see a rainbow but did not have my camera with me. It was a full arching one and very clear. I can never get enough of a rainbow. Spent today in my new room trying to organize and go through the things. Seems like I will never get finished unpacking between home and school. It all seems very strange to me not to know where to find things, know people and what procedures are. I will eventually learn it but I am not very good out of my elements. I haven't seen any of the kindergarten teachers there yet but did meet a few of the first and second grade teachers. The first day will be different indeed when fourth and fifth graders walk down the hall. I am so used to only young ones. I can't seem to wrap my brain around that yet. Please say a prayer for me. I ended the day making a dollhouse with my mother's neighbor. She will start kindergarten this fall at Dixie. Again forgot my camera, but we had fun. I brought over a plethora of materials, scraps and wallpaper and we had a good time. I guess I just needed a little person fix! It is so incredible watching them create and learn through trial and error. That is one of the best parts about teaching and we have so little time to just sit back watch, instigate and observe learning for learnings sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment